For a period of 24 months from the completion date of the work performed pursuant to this contract, Clean Cut Painting & Handyman warrants against the peeling and blistering of the paint applied as the result of inadequate surface preparation, and/or improper application.
For this Warranty to be effective, you must:
- Pay the full contract price
- Retain a copy of the original contract
- Retain evidence of full payment
Clean Cut will:
- Perform any covered repairs at no labor cost to you, the original purchaser
- Perform any covered repairs during the painting season provided that Clean Cut is notified of a claim under this Warranty by August 1st. In the event that Clean Cut is not notified until after August 1st, covered repairs may be required to be performed during the following painting season.
- Perform any covered repairs only on the specific area where peeling and/or blistering has occurred. An exact color match cannot be assured as there is the likelihood that the original paint will have faded.
What you should do to have covered repairs performed:
- Contact Clean Cut by phone at (217) 330-7310 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st to have the covered repairs performed that painting season.
- Clean Cut will arrange for an inspection of your property and notify you promptly of the nature and extent (if any) of the covered repairs and Clean Cut’s plan for performing the same.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- The cost of paint required in order to perform the covered repairs.
- Any work where you provided the paint that was used.
- Any peeling or blistering that Clean Cut determines is the result of an interior moisture problem. Properly applied paint will blister and peel, usually to the bare wood, n areas where there is a large amount of interior moisture that is inadequately ventilated. For this reason, this Warranty does not include the exterior siding, window frames, etc. adjacent to your kitchens and bathrooms.
- Any peeling or blistering that Clean Cut determines is the result of an exterior moisture problem. Properly applied paint will blister and peel, usually to the bare wood, in areas where there is persistent exterior moisture. This includes, but is not limited to, leading roofs, ice dams as a result of improperly insulated attics, gutters filled with leaves and debris, and snow and ice sitting on a particular area for any period of time.
- Any peeling or blistering or cracking that Clean Cut determines is the result of the buildup of excessive layers of paint. A painter surface can only hold so many layers of paint before the weight of the newer layers beings pulling the older layers away from the original substrate (wood, masonry, metal, etc.) At what point this happens is impossible to predict, though its likelihood increases with each successive layer of paint. You may want to consider full paint removal by a qualified contractor.
- Any fine cracking in older layers of paint. Sometimes referred to as “alligatoring,” this is common on older homes with many previous layers of paint. Eventually these cracks will show through the newly applied top coat.
- Any failure due to a manufacturing defect in the substrate. “Mill glaze” is a condition created at a lumber mill that results in paint adhering poorly to wood siding. Siding material made from composite wood products may also result in paint adhesion problems.
- Varnished surfaces or surface made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Conditions that are the result of a failure in the paint itself, including but not limited to, fading, chalking, flashing and lapping.
- The appearance of mildew, mold, or any other environmental conditions.
- Bleeding knotholes, rust stains and/or cedar bleed. Cedar bleed is the result of naturally occurring tannis in the wood and is unrelated to paint application.
- Any horizontal surface or any surface that as a result of structural design permits moisture to collect. This includes, but is not limited to decks, railing, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Any interior painting work.
This limited warranty is the only express warranty made by Clean Cut Painting & Handyman and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied. This warranty is applicable only to painting services provided to the original purchaser who is identified on the contract. Clean Cut Painting & Handyman shall not be liable for materials, workmanship or breach of this warranty, nor shall Clean Cut Painting & Handyman be liable for any damages in excess of the original contract price. At no time may this warranty be altered or extended for any purpose.
Hire the Right Handymen and Exterior Painters
No one likes shoddy work. That’s why you should go with trusted handyman and exterior painters. At Clean Cut Painting & Handyman, we gladly back up our work with quality workmanship warranties. Contact us today at (217) 330-7310, or fill out our online form to get started.